THE EXPERIENCE OF DESIGNING THE COVER FOR THE WOODLANDS

This has been such an amazing experience so far. Working with a cover designer who has read the book made all the difference because she knew the characters and understood the feel of the book without me having to explain it to her. She listened to my suggestions and took my ideas on board. I was very adamant that the girl on the cover really reflected Rosa's character. She had to be mixed race with a little bit of attitude and an intensity to her. I was blown away by the image she chose. It was perfect.

I'm sure there are advantages to working with the giant publishers. But I have read that authors don't get a great deal of input into covers and titles. So if this is a preview of what it's like to work with an indie publisher then I'm sold! I love being involved in all the creative decisions.

So without further ado...


Ta da!!!

Thanks Marya of Strong Image Editing

http://www.strongimageediting.com/

https://www.facebook.com/StrongImageEditing

Comments

Popular Posts