The Cartoon Daisy

So I'm waiting for an agency who has requested my manuscript, to read and respond. They said it will take three months, which I expected but how to not freak out during those three months is the bit I'm struggling with.

Honestly, I feel like one of those Warner Brothers cartoon flowers. You know the ones? The daisy gets sucked into the ground, then it gets pushed back up again by bugs bunny or one of the other burrowing type animals. Up, down, up, down.

To clarify, I feel like my hopes go up and down like that as I start to dream:
Maybe, just maybe, they'll offer me a contract and then I'll get published and then I'll sell heaps of books and then they'll make a movie of it starring Liam Hemsworth as Joseph (my pick!) and and and....

That's the daisy, in full sun, smiling and full of hope. And then, YANK, I get sucked under ground because I have to be realistic, right? I have to keep my hope tamped down because in all likelihood  they will pass on my book and I'll be right back where I started.

Fun to dream though....

Don't you think?

Comments

Popular Posts