Uncomfortable Questions.

Since I spend an inordinate amount of time sitting in front of the computer, at some point I had to explain to my kids what I was doing. The conversation went a bit like this.

"What are you doing?"
"Editing my book."
"Can I read it?"
"No."
"Why are you writing a book?"
"Well...I'm hoping I can get it published."
(enter long explanation as to what being published actually means.)
"So you'll be famous."
"No."
"You'll get money?"
"Maybe."

I love how kids can shoot straight to the heart of things in five questions or less. It left me laughing whilst swallowing massive anxiety. This could go nowhere.

But then my son started doing handstands on the couch whilst imitating a dinosaur call (seriously the most annoying, ear splitting noise in the world) and my daughter came to me crying because she had her undies on sideways (don't ask me how, I'm as baffled as you are) and couldn't extricate herself. So I quite promptly forgot what I was thinking. What was I talking about??

Comments

Popular Posts